Friday 14 August 2009

On the boat to Hook of Holland-2

>
>
>
> This is the moment, I was truly out of reach of Great Britain. Out
> on the sea, floating in a big ferry toward the continent. The ferry
> was bobbing up and down in the massive seemingly endless sea like a
> small raft. As I sat at one of the windows, beside a bunch of
> elderly English people happy with their pints of lager, I was more
> happier. I already managed to get some gasps from people with my
> lovely plan. For example, the customs guy, got an unexpected answer
> for his question about where I was going. I said Istanbul, by land.
> He looked me up and down," that's a long way mate, to go by land". "
> yeah, I know, I am a bit mental" " well, go on then suit yourself"
> Now, after 8 hours on the ferry, I am walking like Johnny Depp with
> the swagger of a pirate. After I had my lunch of some lovely English
> cod and chips, I slowly drifted to sleep, and started dreaming that
> I was the guy from "Life of Pi" floating in the pacific with only a
> tiger for company. When I woke up, I was a bit disappointed that I
> am not the Indian ocean, so I could be hijacked by some skinny
> Somali's.

No comments:

Post a Comment